There are resources available for young people interested in trying to quit smoking tobacco or using vape products.
- In partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, This is Quitting powered by truth® is a free and confidential texting program for young people who vape. Young people can text “VapeFreeMass” to 88709 to get started.
- My Life, My Quit TM has youth coach specialists trained to help young people by phone or text. Young people can call or text “Start My Quit” to 855-891-9989 for free and confidential help or visit mylifemyquit.com to sign up online.
- Visit teen.smokefree.gov for tools and tips.
- Encourage young people to ask their school nurse or counselor, athletic coach, doctor, parent or other trusted adult for help.
- For more information, young people can visit mass.gov/vaping.
- More information for parents/adults is available at GetOutraged.org
Adults looking for quit resources should click here for a comprehensive list of resources and consider calling the Quit Line (1-800-QUIT-NOW for English, 1-800-8-DEJALO for Spanish).
The Quit Line provides free counselling over the phone for adults and, for those that are medically eligible, up to 4 weeks of nicotine replacement therapy.